Astro based models for Intraday - Parallax and Aberration
I believe the parallax is the one of the most underestimated topics in astrology. Long time enough I could not understand why it is so. Only recently I have figured out why - it looks like everything is very simple, and the problem we face with is just a computational problem.
We cannot use conventional ephemeris to calculate a planetary position taking parallax into account, because it depends on our location, i.e. the planetary position calculated for Moscow will differ from the same planet's position for New York (though the Universal time is the same). If we plan to deal with parallax, we would need to have different ephemeris tables - one for Moscow and another for New York. The thing is more confusing if we use the astrological software. Some programs even do not provide any information on parallax, and users sometimes accept parallax as some very specific astronomical parameter (like nutation, libration and other).
To explain what the parallax is, I would use very familiar to astrologers phenomena - Eclipses.
Look how Solar Eclipse path looks:
If we observe this Eclipse from the satellite, we would see the shadow of the Moon that passes through the Earth's surface. From the point of view of the Earth's inhabitant, we are observing how the Moon's disk covers the Sun. BUT! we can observe this greatest phenomenon from certain places on the Earth, and somewhere the Eclipse is visible, while it is not in some other places. And the eclipse path simply points at these places on the Earth where the eclipse is visible. People even make special trips to watch this great phenomenon (praying for the clear weather).
Why it is so? I think it is obvious: the Moon's position is different at different places on the Earth; this difference is called parallax. For the Moon, the parallax reaches 1 degree of longitude.
In regards to parallax, you should always remember these things:
Planetary GEOCENTRIC position has NO PARALLAX - as the position of the astronomical body is observed from the CENTER OF the EARTH.
Planetary TOPOCENTRIC position is defined WITH PARALLAX - as the position of the astronomical body is observed from SOME SPECIFIC LOCATION ON THE EARTH'S SURFACE.
Pro versus Contra
Here are my arguments that the parallax phenomenon should be taken into account.
1) Old masters (before the creation of ephemeris tables) used the real positions of planets, i.e. topocentric positions - with parallax.
2) For all local events I prefer to use parallax, for phenomena that concern worldwide events better use the geocentric system (no parallax). Sometimes it is difficult to figure out this difference and decide whether parallax should be considered; in this case better try both variants.
3) Here you can see 1 min price chart for DJI together with diagrams that show the Moon position in each degree of Zodiac; one diagram shows the Moon position with parallax, another without parallax:
It would be good if I would be able to state that the diagram with parallax points at significant changes in price more accurate (which you can see yourselves on the example above). However, I will not do that. One, two or several more examples are not enough. This issue needs more research that takes much more time.
For now, I recommend to use Planetary Bars charting tool:
This tool draws one degree of the Moon position Planetary Bars with parallax. It seems to me these bars point at the moments of mood changes on the stock market.
Aberration effect concerns slow planets mostly. I will demonstrate this effect using some example.
This is Jupiter bars charting tool:
These bars correspond to 1 minute step of Jupiter movement; in other words, to compose the price bar we use the time interval that corresponds to 1 minute of Jupiter's movement. For intraday price data and slow planets, we need to use a very small step.
In the example above, to calculate the Jupiter movement we set the aberration parameter ON.
Now look at the same 1 minute Jupiter bars without aberration i.e. aberration parameter is OFF; this how it looks:
As you see, these two pictures of the same thing look totally different. Why is it so? The difference is caused by the aberration effect, it is the difference between the real and apparent position.
When we watch at the Sun, we actually see not the real Sun position, but the position of the Sun 8 minutes ago. 8 minutes is the time needed for the light to cover the distance between the Sun and the Earth. For Jupiter, the light needs travel for a bigger distance, and the difference between the actual and apparent position of this planet is more significant - more than one hour.
So you should always remember:
Planetary REAL position - aberration parameter is OFF;
Planetary APPARENT (VISIBLE) position - aberration parameter is ON.
By default, the aberration parameter is ON. It reflects the modern physics' view on the nature of the spreading the light/information. (In brief, the theory states that the light travels with some speed, so it needs some time to get from one point to another. There are other theories as well; one of them states that the information signal might reach the observer immediately, while another suggests something intermediate - customized aberration. This issue needs more research, and there is no final answer yet).
The effect of aberration is especially important for slow planets, while the parallax is important for the Moon.
Model Editor This module, together with Neural Nets, is a core of the program. It allows to create different models, from simplest to advanced, and analyze anything that is happening in time. The existence of this...
Efficiency Test Before applying any event or a model that you have created to your trading, you can check their effectiveness in the past. This is why Efficiency Test module is a powerful tool: it gives you an overview...
Articles & User Guide
- Trading strategies (1)
- Articles written by Timing Solution users (5)
- Abonnements (1)
- Timing Solution Knowledge Data Base (0)
- A Newcomer’s Introduction to Timing Solution (3)
- Support (4)
- Downloading Price History and Real Time (10)
- Interface, Indicators and Charting Tools (18)
- General questions (12)
- SuperSearch/ULE Module (20)
- Cycle Models and Spectrum analysis (14)
- Astronomical/Astrological Models (33)
- Neural Net (7)
- Turning Points (6)
- Trading (3)
- Other Techniques (7)
- Back Testing (9)
- Terra Incognita (7)
NEWS for Traders
- Cyclic analysis in finance - science and art in action
- Economy demystified
- Stop - loss
- Dancing in a multidimensional universe (Part 2)
- Dancing in a multidimensional universe (Part 1)
- Astro based trading systems
- Long term forecast for Dow Jones Index 5/08/2011
- Installing Timing Solution Advanced version with the hardware protection (with the dongle) If you are already a Timing Solution Basic user and already own the installation CD for Timing Solution Basic, you may updated it through the Internet.
- Projection Line
- Layer Your Analysis to Improve your Forecasts